Pharr HP • 1-85 • 3rd Shift (11PM-7AM)
The Link Winder Operator is responsible for following all job instructions and procedures to reduce error and insure a quality product. All duties are to be performed in a safe manner, utilizing all required personal protection equipment while on the manufacturing floor. The Link Winder Operator must exhibit quality awareness while continuing to perform job responsibilities in an efficient manner, meeting or exceeding expectations. They must be able to be present and on time for scheduled workdays for maintaining excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate must personify Pharr, A Family of Companies Core Values, FIRST: Family, Innovative, Responsive, Strong Relationships and Trustworthy.
- Check ID’s before starting shift; do not run without a proper signature on ID
- Patrol job consistently creeling, doffing, repairing ends down and cleaning machine
- Moves full bobbin boxes along the length of the winder while filling the magazines
- Keep electronic clearing devices clean and free of lint and wild yarn
- Strip piece bobbins and tangled cones as needed
- Use apron to keep reworkable fiber waste, place a waste in properly marked container as available
- Remove small labs from arbor
- Keep knotter suction mouth clean
- Empty bobbin trays
- Move full doffs of yarn to twisting
- Retrieve empty cones and boxes from twisting
- Remove winder pneumafil waste as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Standing 7.5 hours on concrete floor
- Moving doff boxes weighing 183 lbs. around frames to creel in roving
- Must be able to read and understand printed material
- Must be able to see Quality and Mechanical problems
- Must have color vision
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.