Pharr HP • 1-85 • 3rd Shift (11PM-7AM)
The Roving Operator is responsible for supplying cans of stock to the back of Roving Frames whose purpose is to stretch and twist fibers together. The Operator must exhibit quality awareness while continuing to perform job responsibilities in an efficient manner, meeting or exceeding expectations. They must be able to be present and on time for scheduled workdays for the purpose of maintaining excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate must personify Pharr, A Family of Companies Core Values, FIRST: Family, Innovative, Responsive, Strong Relationships and Trustworthy.
- Check ID’s before starting shift, Do not run without a proper signature on ID.
- Check all machinery and equipment to ensure safe operations before starting machine
- Move draw cans behind Rovematic
- Creel full drawing sliver cans as needed and push clean empty cans back to the finisher drawing area.
- Obtain empty roving bobbins (.5 lbs. each) and doff boxes
- Patrol job to creel, repairing ends down, and doffing roving bobbins.
- Patrol job to remove small laps from rolls.
- Clean clearers and flyers on roving frames as directed.
- Flag roving ends that require a fixers attention
- Identify roving bobbins with chalk marks (when needed)
- Gather empty roving bobbins / boxes for the next doff.
- Stack empty roving bobbins in bins.
- Push boxes of full roving bobbins to the proper storage area.
- Perform SPC sizing as needed, using proper SPC Chart
- Empty pneumafil boxes as needed.
- Sweep and keep work are neat and clean
- At the end of each blend lot, stop and clean thoroughly.
- Use air hose to clean machine
- Bag unused raw material, all soft waste must be torn up before putting into bags and identified.
- Properly handle any waste generated , place in appropriate container
- Adhere to all safety guidelines as outlined by the Job Safety Analysis for this position
- Must be able to stand for 7.5 hours on concrete floor
- Must be able to move doff boxes weighing 183lbs to the roving storage area and then move empty roving bobbins to storage bins.
- Must be able to communicate and understand fixers and supervisors
- Must be able to use an electronic digital scale
- Must not be color blind with minimum near sited vision to see quality and mechanical problems
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Capable of understanding SPC training
- Must be 21 years old