The High Performance Technical Manager is responsible for all of the HP divisions Process/Quality systems and Technical Service functions. This includes: Visiting customers when quality issues arise and communicate findings with responsible parties at the facility, Managing and coaching Lab Personnel, Process Engineers, and project oriented interns. This person must be able to liaise with all functional areas (e.g. Sales, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Product Development and Senior Leadership) and be a general technical resource for the greater team. The Technical Manager must also be experienced in leading conversations with external stakeholders (Customers, Suppliers and other 3rd Parties).
The ideal candidate must personify Pharr, A Family of Companies Core Values, FIRST: Family, Innovative, Responsive, Strong Relationships and Trustworthy.
- Access quality issues at customers and work with plant personnel on root cause analysis.
- Perform duties in a safe manner utilizing all required personal protection equipment.
- Represent Pharr HP in a credible, professional and values driven manner.
- Drive process integration, quality improvements and continuous improvement activities.
- Assist leadership team in executing corporate strategy.
- Technical Resource for the team; Coach and Mentor to new/inexperienced personnel.
- Technical service to customers, sales, product development, suppliers and Customer service
- Manage labs, Process Engineers and Interns
- Responsible for data sharing with internal/ external customers and suppliers
- Responsible for High Performance Division Process / Quality systems (Integration and Improvement)
- Manages Quality System (Internal Issues, External Issues, CAR’s, Metrics, CI Program, QC Program, etc.)
- Developing root cause analysis of customers complaints
- Perform any duties as requested by Vice president of Operations and/ or President
- Frequent travel to customers and suppliers (@ approx. 25%, mostly day trips)
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Able to work within cross-functional teams
- Process/Quality Statistics, Data Analysis, Project Management
- Standing = 1 hour on concrete floor
- Sitting = 5 hours
- Walking = 2 hours
- Climbing = may have to climb steps to enter or exit different departments
- Moving Materials – As required
- Reaching – As required
- Visual Acuity – Must visually inspect documents, ID’s, and procedures. Visually audit area for nonconformities, organization and cleanliness
- Bending /Stooping – As required
- Lifting – As required
Education and Experience Requirements
- 8+ years in Process, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Tech Service
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience developing and managing teams
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
- 6 Sigma / Lean training desired
- ISO experience desired
- Textile experience desired but not required